False doctrine in science take fifty years to die,
because not only the professors, but also their students have to die first”
— Max Plank
There is an urgent need for changing the face of MS philosophy Scientific guidelines have largely proven to be incapable to explain the mechanism of MS and to provide patients and physician with satisfactory and safe treatment. While waiting for more satisfactory scientific explanation and treatments, let as relay to those treatments, which in the course of more than 30 years of clinical experience, have shown to be effective and safer. According to our clinical experience, MS patients present the following characteristics:
They show to have a particular vulnerability or hypersensitivity to life events to which other people do not. The vulnerability is individual different and may be of physical, emotional and spiritual nature.
2. The symptoms show lake of functional coordination at various levels of the body.
3. There is an important link between emotional disturbances the onset, the relapses and the aggravation of symptoms.
4. There is no evident relationship between the neurological symptoms and the "sclerotic plaques" present in the patients. Symptoms may be present in absence of plaques or may be absent in the presence of the plaques. No relationship also exist between the progression of the disease and the expected number of plaques.
5. All symptoms, as well as all the instrumental and chemical investigations employed for the diagnosis of MS, are also not specific and, thus, are of little diagnostic utility.
6. Symptoms and plaques appear and disappear according to the regional flow of blood and to circadian and seasonal rhythms.
7. There are clear signs of regional and systemic hyperactivity of the autonomic nervous system.
According to the above mentioned features, in the treatment of MS, particular attention should be devoted to the following factors: